Managing multiple issues and working all day can be a bit tiring, especially for those who manage their personal and professional life simultaneously. Look at your busy schedule, prioritize your activities and make some time for yourself. It will enhance your performance and increase your productivity on professional as well as personal front.
- Managing your professional life and making some leisure time is important – recreational activities are essential for you.
- Especially women, who are busy with their jobs and then family – they need some time for themselves – doing things they love.
- Do not be pressurized to be perfect for everyone – give yourself some importance – you deserve it.
- Giving your best is important for everyone – for that you need to be in your best form – mentally and physically.
- Let-go-and-grow – as often as possible. You cannot do everything at the same time.
- Your fringe hours are actually a preparation for your next job.
Passages from this book
- Self-care needs to be included in what you should be doing. It is not a privilege. It is a necessity.
- “Once I freed myself from the bondage of perfection and embraced a lifestyle that made time for my passions, I was happier in all of my pursuits and responsibilities.”
- “The reason so many women today struggle to make themselves a priority is because they are trying to be everything for everyone.”
- I believe how you spend your 5-to-9 determines how you’ll spend your 9-to-5.
- You make time for what is important to you.
“Turner masterfully combines creative ideas with stories of real women that leave you nodding your head and feeling empowered to create sacred space within your day and your life.”–Rachel Macy Stafford, New York Times bestselling author of Hands Free Mama
“I want to give The Fringe Hours to every woman in my life, because this is the conversation we’re having over and over, at soccer practice and church and crammed between meetings. Jessica’s practical style made me feel like another way is possible.”–Shauna Niequist, author of Bread & Wine
Author: Jessica N. Turner | Language: English | Print: 272 pages